Friday 19 May 2023

YOU...

It happened on a night like any other, uneventful, until You.

You walked in so effortlessly, like you had always belonged. Akin to some piece of beloved furniture that had always been there.

You made yourself at home instantly, sharing seemingly inconsequential and understated events that had formed the core of who you are.

Something awoke in me then, because of You.

I was prepared for everything, except You.

You had this ability of making me feel seen and understood in a way so foreign I failed to recognise it at first. 

You are the best part of every day, the first part of any morning, infinite vast incoherent thoughts imperceptible to anyone but us, spoken aloud to form the secrets that would eventually bind us.

You so intricately wove yourself into the fabric of my small universe. Spinning silk threads forever securing what holds us together.

You handled the damaged parts of my heart, my soul with such care, paying careful attention to return them to their rightful place, slowly... safely.

You took the time to reinforce that once fragile heart so carefully.

You showed me infinities within our numbered days. How to build our own universe impervious to anyone but us. Held together by an unshakable faith.

You were perfect within your perfect imperfection.

You are my greatest teacher, my existential crisis affiliate. 

You push me in every direction I need to go... and those I didn't know existed.

You have been there, each and every day reinforcing my unwavering belief in absolute, irrevocable and unconditional love.

You have made the journeys when no one else would. And for that, I am infinitely grateful.

You have shown me the fairy tales I once wrapped myself in sometimes do come true. That miracles are ever present and handed to us at the most serendipitous of moments.

You challenge me, You frustrate me, You drive me to the edge of insanity but even then there is no one I would rather be there with... than You.

I am forever blind to where I would be... who I would be... without You.

You are the fabric of this tiny universe we will both call home.

It will always be You.

Ending with the realisation that we, are infinite. 



No comments:

Post a Comment