Thursday 24 March 2022

Lundi

On social media they posted taunts at Hurricane Lorenzo,

Willing him into a tropical storm.

His gales though carried your unwritten messages away.
Silence and Seafret,
That feeling of relief,
A week spent with empty messages drifting aimlessly in darkness.
The failed midnight meeting along the metal tracks.

The dimmed station, where I waited in purgatory.
The neon painted lights of the buildings that surrounded.
The drunken shouting at the stop.
The nail polish I chip away at.

The dreary dawn showed up too quickly that night.
The rain that fell in a thin mist
Helped to carry the tears away.
I left at 12:20 with one thought.
I had failed to reach you.

Whats left of me, steeps in the tub.
It needs to soak. 'Leave it', I think.
You had gone away, I had come home.
And what's left of me,
It loosens and the water carries it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment