Wednesday 30 May 2012

Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel (Bronze Universal)

Hey Ladies,

I hope you're all doing well! My post this evening is about Chanel's infamous product Soleil Tan de Chanel.
This has been on my list for quite some time, but like other pale skin ladies, I was a bit hesitant to try it, I was afraid this might have the dreaded oompah loompah effect on me. I couldn't have been more wrong!


Unfortunately my 'local' Chanel counter is 2 hours away so any purchases I intend to make are always pre-empted. While I was in Dublin I decided to bite the bullet and head into the Chanel counter in Arnotts. The lady I always try to catch while there is Yvonne, she's amazing and will always give me an honest opinion (even if it means hurting my delicate feeling sometimes) When I asked her about it, and told her my oompah loompah fear she sat me on the chair under those really harsh unflattering lights and went to work with what genuinely seemed a huge amount of product on the brush. She advised me exactly where to place it on my face, what brushes to use it with, and to buff, buff, buff.



I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked in the mirror, my face looked radiant and beautifully structured. It wasn't dirty looking or orange or too dark for my face. It really shocked me to be honest, all my reservations faded away. I bought it and took it home, removed all my makeup and re applied it to put the product to the test. I followed Yvonne's instruction's exactly, and I ended up with the same great results.

The bronzer itself is a solid creme consistency with the tiniest amount of shimmer to it, which I only discovered when I bought it, all the reviews I had read said it was a matte, trust me it isn't, there is a very very subtle shimmer to it. So, what can you do with it? Well, Ive been experimenting with it and I have found that it can be used as an all over base for foundation, it can be worn lightly on its own, as a contour or whatever your bronzing purposes may be! It just gives a really healthy glow to the skin, I'm surprised at how much I have taken to this, and that's coming from a girl who ran a mile from bronzers of any description.

I use my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply it (is there anything that brush can't do?!) It works perfectly to blend and buff it into the skin. I really think you need a dense brush to make this product work. Add a little at first, and build to the desired coverage. As far as wear goes, it really seems to last all day, I've not had any issues so far and it's been sweltering heat the past day or two.

It's available at Chanel counters everywhere although according to Yvonne and my other sources once it sells out its very hard to get back into stock, she said 100 units were delivered last week and they had 10 left when I purchased mine. I really can see why its such a cult product. At €39 it is a bit of a splurge but, you get a huge amount of product in a pretty impressive jar, so I do believe you're getting value for money, plus... It's Chanel. I've never tried a product from Chanel I haven't fallen in love with, as you will see from my next few blog posts!

So that's it ladies, let me know your thoughts on this product.
Have you tried it? If not, do you intend to?
Tell me your favourite bronzing products!

Until next time,
Aundrea
xoxo

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks nice... whats in the box at the side????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little thing Yvonne gave me with some samples, lipgloss and foundation and some samples of Chance. You should try this. It's lovely, I think it would really suit you :)

      Delete
    2. ill have a look tomorrow, :) thanks for the lovely review

      Delete
    3. Make sure you do, it's great ;) x

      Delete
  3. I love this bronzer! I used it as a light coverage foundation for the days I'm wearing tan, I use my Sigma F80 brush for this. Another great bronzer I use is the MAC Mineralise Skinfinish natural in medium dark, as their regular bronzers are far too orange for my skintone! :)

    Emily x

    http://emilyx0.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to invest in some sigma brushes. I hear such great things :) I'm off Mac at the moment, we had a falling out lol xx

      Delete
  4. This is really interesting! I'm very pale too, and prefer my blushers and my bronzers to be as subtle as possible. It's very risky when you're pale! At the moment I'm using one by Vivo which I absolutely love, but this sounds lovely too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go, when you use up the one you have. It's an incredible product :) x

      Delete
  5. Anonymous31 May, 2012

    Wow sounds amazing! Like something I'd need for my kit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need this in your life. I really think the fairest of skintones could pull this off. Pop in and try it the next time you're in town ;)

      Delete
  6. Hmmmmm I may have to purchase

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought, it was discontinued,wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete