Thursday 13 June 2013

Clarins - Skin Illusion Loose Powder Foundation

Hey Ladies.

My post today is on the new Mineral Plant Extracts - Loose Powder Foundation from Clarins. I have to admit upfront that the idea of wearing a powder foundation on it's own... with nothing else, really freaks me out, sent me running for the hills even. I'm a full coverage kind of gal. I like the blemishes hidden, the freckles covered (because I'm kinda fussy like that) and being safe in the knowledge that my foundation isn't going to cake. That said, I was always try-curious about them. Part and parcel of being a beauty blogger is reading your fair share of reviews and recommendations from fellow beauty bloggettes. All the feedback was great, all reports were good so, I decided to take the plunge with Clarins and their new Loose Powder Foundation.


After getting used to the idea of what seemed like going out in public practically bare faced (may as well have been naked!), I decided to road test this beautifully packaged foundation. I began by moisturising, then concealing, after I had applied all the necessary evils, I took the little wonder brush that comes with the foundation and set to work.



I applied the foundation in circular buffing motions, the scent is fresh and floral, which I really like. One of my main concerns about using a mineral foundation was that it would cling to any dry patches, so I was careful to apply a light layer of powder at first. After the first layer, I decided to brave a second layer, and I have to admit I was very pleasantly surprised. The coverage is medium to full. It gives an almost air-brushed look to the skin. It blends flawlessly and doesn't feel heavy or cakey on the skin.


I have to say that although it is the only mineral loose powder I have tried, I feel like I could not have chosen a better one to start with. Once I had gotten over the fear, which I can admit now seems totally irrational, I am really beginning to enjoy using this. It's a pleasure to apply, the powder is so finely milled which makes it incredibly easy to work with. All in all, I think I have to eat my own words and say that I may have been converted to the Mineral Powder movement thanks to Clarins!



This is a picture just to show you the coverage offered by the powder foundation. Not bad eh? Well... apart from the face attached to it... What do you think? I really like the coverage it offers. It gives a fantastic finish.
I'm quite the happy chappy with my first venture into the world of mineral foundations.


So that's it for now ladies!
I hope you enjoyed.
What's your opinion on Mineral Foundations?
Will you be trying Clarins Skin Illusion?
Let me know!
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea

No comments:

Post a Comment