Thursday 13 June 2013

YvesSaintLaurent - Manifesto

Hello Ladies,

My post today is on YSL's new fragrance 'Manifesto'.Those of you who read my blog will know by now that I am a huge fragrance fan. Yves Saint Laurent happens to be a particular favourite of mine when it comes to the world of fine fragrance. The very first perfume I was ever given was Opium. That's where my love affair with perfume began. I think that fragrance, no matter how old you get or where you end up in life has the power to bring you right back to a certain moment in time. Your sense of smell can instantaneously trigger your memory, which is why when you smell a certain scent you are reminded of a different place or time in your life, I don't know about you, but that is one of the reasons I am so drawn to fragrance.


Manifesto was created by perfumers Anne Flipo and Loc Dong. They wanted the fragrance to be a tribute to femininity, the same way Yves Saint Laurent portrays it in couture, radiant and full of life. The perfumers wanted it to be a fragrance for a women that would be full of contrasts, making a genuine statement, a real signature scent.



Manifesto has base notes of cedar, sandalwood, vanilla, tonka bean and musk, top notes of blackcurrant, bergamont and green notes, and the heart of the fragrance is jasmine and lilly of the valley. To me the scent is very fresh, clean and innocent, but at the same time it's sophisticated and sensual. The jasmine is very prominent in the scent when it dries down. It's incredibly opulent and and rich. I think it's the tonka bean that gives the fragrance it's 'keep smelling your wrist' factor. There is something about the fragrance that pulls you in.


The bottle of Manifesto reminds me a women's hourglass silhouette, beautifully cinched at the 'waist'. It is very chic and elegant, the luxe purple jewel effect belt is a fabulous touch, and I think adds a very festive touch to the bottle. The woven gold cap that adorns the perfume is, signature of YSL's constant offering of luxury and femininity.

I think Manifesto is a beautiful fragrance, that has something special to offer. It's one of those inoffensive, simple, yet elegant perfumes that you just cannot go wrong with. I love the bottle, the fragrance and the fact that in my eyes YSL can really do no wrong when it comes to creating new perfumes. Every women should have a signature scent in her life, who knows? Maybe this could be the one? After all I believe it was a famous designer who once stated 'A women's perfume says more about her than her hand writing.'

That's it for now ladies,
I hope you enjoyed!
Will you be sampling YSL's latest fragrance offering?
What are your thoughts?
Let me know!
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea



Manifesto is available from YSL stockists nationwide from September 19th 2012.
€53.50 - 30ml
€75.00 - 50ml
€102.00 - 100ml

No comments:

Post a Comment