Thursday 13 June 2013

Skincare Favourites

Hello Ladies,

I hope you are all well, my post today is about my Current Skincare Routine/Favourites. I have posted on here about my skincare woes on more than one occasion. My skin is dry/dehydrated and it is stubborn as hell. The products I'm using at the moment have set my skin on the right track. I have to tell you straight off, that I had never used any of these brands on my skin before. I had resigned myself to the fact that my skincare routine would never be perfect, until I started to use these.


The products I'm using at the moment are mainly NUXE and Clarins, with the exception of my cleanser. I had always heard fantastic things about NUXE, and the first product I purchased from them was the infamous Reve de Miel lip balm. After seeing what that had done for my dry, chapped lips, I figured I couldn't go too far wrong with their skincare range. Clarins are a brand I had tended to favour for their makeup, I was hesitant to try the skincare because I had been burned by high end brands before. Browsing through my local counter one day with a few extra euro in my pocket I decided to give the brand a go, and just like NUXE, I'm delighted I did!



Cleanse: This is my 'Holy Grail' cleanser, Bioderma. Anyone who uses this will know what a nightmare it is to get hold of it when you're not living in France. I managed to find a reliable stockist however, who don't gouge you on the price, or for shipping*. The thing I love about Bioderma is, it's just a gentle, hassle free, thorough way to cleanse and remove makeup. It is a micellar solution that is specially formulated for sensitive/dry skin, but you can also get one to match your own skin type for example if you have oily skin. I will say that the first week I used this it dried out my skin a lot, but after that it quickly became a staple in my routine, and now? I couldn't live without it.

Tone: You know when you try a product and after a few uses say 'I will never be without this'? The Clarins toning lotion in Chamomile is one of those products for me. It smells beautiful, really fresh and zingy. Again its very gentle and is alcohol free, which is something I look for in my toner. It's an absolute pleasure to sweep across the face and leaves the skin feeling clean and soft.


]


Moisturise: Day - For daytime I use the Clarins HydraQuench Lotion with an SPF15, it's a very lightweight moisturiser, which sinks into the skin in seconds. I find that this hydrates my skin beautifully, it's just perfect for day wear and my makeup glides on to the skin flawlessly after I apply this. I have my eye on the HydraQuench Cream, it is definitely on my list to try. This lotion makes me want to explore the HydraQuench range all the more!

Moisturise: Night - For night use, it has to be the NUXE Reve de Miel, Ultra Comfortable Face Cream. This has quickly become a favourite of mine, and for good reason. The RDM range is especially formulated for dry/sensitive skin and it's such a treat to apply. The cream itself is thick and creamy, so luxurious on the skin. It smells incredible and it moisturises the skin to an extent I've never felt before with any other moisturiser. I honestly cannot recommend this enough. Again, it's one of those products that make you want to run out a try the entire NUXE range!


Serum: Morning - For my morning serum I use the NUXE Nuxellence Jeunesse. It is a youth and radiance revealing serum. Its perfect for day wear. I find it gives a lovely glow to the skin and really helps you appear more healthy and well rested. It smells divine, as I've discovered the majority of their products do. It leaves my skin super soft and just wonderfully healthy feeling. I always feel more awake after using it, which of course is a bonus on these cold mornings!

Serum: Night - The Clarins Double Serum is one in a million for me. I just adore it. It helps to revitalise the skins 5 anti-ageing functions. Hydration, nutrition, oxygen, rejuvenation and protection. I tend to warm up the serum before applying it to the skin, it applies like a dream and sinks into the skin effortlessly. We all know that prevention is better than cure right?! You really cannot go wrong with this little wonder!



Lip Care: The Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm has been a firm favourite of mine for the past few months. It is a very thick, nourishing balm, it smells amazing! Once you put this on your lips, it will not budge for a least 5-6 hours. A perfect example would be about 2 weeks before Christmas when I was roped into helping my father put up the outdoor Christmas lights at night in the freezing cold. I applied this to my lips at around 8.30pm and when we had finished around 12am, by which time the temperature had dropped to -3, the balm was still firmly fixed to my lips. I dread to even think what state my lips would have been in, had I not been wearing this! It works wonders on dry, cracked lips. It's definitely a must have for me!

Hand Care: I have been using the Reve de Miel hand cream for quite a while now, I think it's a fantastic day to day handcream. I do use a different intensive treatment at night (review to come soon) but I carry this with me in my handbag and use it 3 to 4 times a day. I honestly couldn't fault it. It leaves my hands soft and supple, and does an excellent job of keeping my cuticles in good condition! I think if you are in the market for a new hand cream this is a really great option to have.




That's it for now ladies,
I hope you enjoyed!
Have you any skincare products that you are loving right now?
Has anything above struck your fancy?!
Let me know below!
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea

No comments:

Post a Comment