Thursday 13 June 2013

YvesSaintLaurent - Haul & Review

Hello Ladies,

Hope you are all well! So, I've decided to do something a little different for today's post... a haul. If you follow me on Twitter, you will know I tweeted recently about an incident that may or may not have happened at the YSL counter in Debenhams, the incident in question was me spending WAY too much money. I will try and defend my actions by saying that it was really sunny that day and the way the light hit the products and brought out my inner magpie.


I don't mind admitting that I have a slight obsession with all things YSL. It's an incredible brand, and every item I have in my collection is a little piece of luxury. The packaging is amazing and the quality of the products are fantastic. I have yet to buy a product from YSL that has not lived up to my expectations.


Let's start with the Rouge Volupte in Fetish Pink, just a stunning colour, it's an almost barbie pink, but not too much.


I have to say I am just in love with these. The packaging is so luxurious with the gold tube and the intricately designed ring that overlays the lipsticks shade. A quirky little feature. These lipsticks knock any other I have ever tried out of the park. They are so creamy and pigmented and you are left with the most stunning gloss finish.


This is Lingerie Pink, it's just beautiful, It's a very pale pink and I just adore it. Even as I type I am distracted by the amazing packaging. It's just incredible. Want to hear the best part?! Of course you do! On the top of the lid is a mirror to help with touch up's! How great is that?!


This is the Volupte Sheer Candy in Iced Plum, these are basically the same as the Rouge Volupte but with a sheer twist, it is of course more of a balm than a lipstick, but I adore it. It gives a perfect tint and its beautifully moisturising.



Next up are the Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains. This shade is Encre Rose is a really pretty lilac purple.



This shade is Violet Edition, a plum purple. There is a knack to how you apply these. You paint the first coat and let it sit for about 30 seconds. The second coat gives you more gloss, more coverage and the colour will deepen. The product applies sticky, and then it turns into something else, and what you're left with is the most beautiful non sticky gloss effect.



I've saved the best until last. This is Mascara Volume Effect Faux Cils Shocking. Now, the wand on this mascara is a little different to that of the original. This one is twisted with longer bristles that twists in a helter skeltor kind of effect (worst terminology ever). This is the most dramatic mascara I have ever used and to be quite honest, the effect it gave really shocked me (no pun intended) It's just incredible. It gives the length, the volume, the curl and the drama, it's the perfect way to frame the eyes. On a final note about this mascara, it smells... divine! I'm not used to having a mascara that smells so good, like most YvesSaintLaurent products it's ever so subtly scented with a hint of mango. If you are going to try one high end mascara this year, this should be it. It's perfection in a gold tube!

So, that's it for now ladies.
I hope you enjoyed my little haul,
Is there anything here you would consider trying?
Let me know what you've been buying!
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea

1 comment:

  1. I only have on YSL product and it's only a mini lipstick sample at that. All these are so pretty! I would want to buy the lipstick just for the packaging!!

    ReplyDelete