Thursday 13 June 2013

Lancome - Hypnose Star Mascara

Hey Ladies,

Hope you are all well! Today's post kind of brings me back to an obsession that began in my childhood and has lasted right into my adult years, Betty Boop. When I heard that Lancôme had signed my beloved Betty Boop I knew from the off, I'd be jumping on that bandwagon!


One thing that always stood out to me about Betty Boop were her eye's and those lashes. Just stunning! This mascara was inspired by the hallmark 1930's movies. So we're talking yesterday's vintage glamour meets the glamour of today.


The packaging of this mascara is amazing, it's sparkling, sequined, and dazzling, it most definitely has a 'star' quality. The packaging actually reminds me of a dress that Betty herself wore in an old video I had as a child where she wore a long, sequined, sparkling dress. Betty was always a charming character, she was also the first ever cartoon heroine, even to this day she is seen as an established symbol of glamour


So, what makes this mascara special? Well according to Lancôme, this mascara has the combination of an innovative brush and and the 'black diamond' effect fluid formula, which enables you to sculpt the lashes precisely. Hypnôse Star plays on the balance between two types of wax, comprising of two formula's, for a feather light texture which promises to give incredible glamorous volume and voluptuous curl.


So, what are my opinions on this mascara? Well, I'm afraid nothing is going to knock YSL's Faux Cills Shocking mascara off my top spot, but I really like this mascara, It does what it promises and it's a great mascara. It gives length, volume and curl, and the staying power is great. Who doesn't love a bit of Betty inspired glamour?!

So that's it ladies.
What do you think?
Will you be trying Lancôme's Hypnôse Star?
What mascara's are you loving right now?
Let me know!
xoxo
Aundrea

No comments:

Post a Comment