Thursday 13 June 2013

IPL Treatment at Carter Beauty Blackrock

Hello Ladies,

It's a bit more of a personal post from me today. I thought long and hard how I was going to approach this subject. The subject of facial hair... It's a subject that causes embarrassment, self consciousness and it's pretty much guaranteed to leave you feeling more like the bearded lady instead of glamour barbie. I'll give you a little background to my story. I had my daughter Addison almost 5 years ago, after I had her, the hair growth seemed to come from nowhere... mainly on my face, the rest is what I considered normal and was just a matter of general maintenance.

For 5 years, I have had to set aside 20 minutes to a half hour PER NIGHT, to keep this under control, we're talking waxing, plucking, bleaching and in some cases... yes I'll admit it shaving. Sometimes when you're running out of the house and you notice the massive Ronnie that seems to have developed out of nowhere, the thoughts of plucking it can be absolutely soul destroying. Let's face it, no self respecting lady wants to look like Tom Seleck. I've often thought about why this is happening to me, or who's to blame, I personally believe it all goes back to God. God and his team of Italian designers on what ever day of creation it was when he was putting us ladies together, WHERE did facial hair come into it?! I discussed this theory with quite a few of my girlfriends only to be told that 'Surely God doesn't have that much of a sense of humour?!' Yeah well if it is his sense of humour I have 5 years of anecdotal proof he does.

So, here I am sitting at my laptop wondering how I can get the extent of this problem across to you. The hair on my face grows at least 4-5 times quicker than the hair on my legs. It's insanity. I had accepted what was happening to me a long time ago, it wasn't hormonal according to my doctors, it was just... life.

Enter my knight-ess in shinning armour Marissa Carter. Marissa, without knowing it, has set the wheels in motion to change my life.



The proud owner of Carter Beauty in Blackrock, Marissa gave me the opportunity to try the IPL Hair reduction she offers at Carter Beauty. Hair reduction and removal has always been something I have researched, but in all honesty with a small child it's not something I could have ever afforded, it never ceases to amaze me the kindness and selflessness of others, Marissa's offer literally brought tears to my eyes. Of course I accepted. Here's the first part of my IPL journey.



I descended on Carter Beauty over a week ago for my patch test, with the lovely Claire, she explained the treatment and how it works perfectly. The patch test was quick, easy and painless. IPL works by directing the light to a group of hair follicles, using enough power to disable or destroy the root without harming the surrounding skin. This process is called selective photothermolysis. It is selective because it targets only the hair and not the skin. Photo means light and thermolysis means destroying with heat. The surrounding skin is usually cooled by a gel that Claire applies prior to treatment.

I arrived back at Carter Beauty last Thursday November 8th for my first treatment. I'm not going to lie, the nerves had gotten to me a little, but I knew that it would all be worth it. So, in I went and Claire showed me into the room I had been in previously for my patch test. Claire applied a cooling gel onto the areas that were about to be treated and then told me she was going to begin. The treatment itself wasn't painful it felt a bit like someone flicking you gently in the face and was over in a matter of minutes. Claire explained that as the treatments progressed the level of intensity would increase, she also explained that it would take a few treatments before I would see any results.

I'm very excited to keep you updated with this and how it progresses. I cannot thank Marissa enough for the opportunity, and I can only hope you all enjoy taking this journey with me.


That's it for now ladies,
I hope you enjoyed!
What are your hair experiences?
Is IPL something you would consider?
What are your thoughts?
Let me know below!
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea

No comments:

Post a Comment